New Quilts

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I finished a couple of quilts this week.  The first one was a birthday present for my BFF, Rachel.  She loves black and white, so I made her a black and white string quilt. 



I love bright colors, so I backed the quilt with a light blue, multi-colored polka dot fabric and added applique letters in rainbow colors.


 

The other quilt I finished was a baby quilt for my friend, Barbara, who's expecting a baby girl in the next few weeks.  I found this adorable Hello Kitty panel that I knew would be perfect for the baby since Barbara and her husband are both guitar players.



I outlined Hello Kitty and added some designs to the flowers and letters.


Then, I free-motion quilted some loops and daisies on the rest of the quilt. 


I used Minky fabric on the back so it'll be really soft!



2 comments:

Rach

March 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

Beautiful, Laura! You are just so darn talented!

Rachael

March 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

Your gift for quilting is amazing!